Golf Cart Repair
If you are having problems with your used golf cart and feel that it needs to be brought in for repair, you won’t find anyone else in the area with as much experience and knowledge about every kind of golf cart out there. Our procedure is to diagnose the golf cart upon delivery to our shop. Next, we will service your golf cart as well, to make sure that the root of the problem is fixed. This is important to make sure that your golf cart doesn’t have additional underlying problems on top of the initial malfunction. When we have determined the cause of the problem, we always call the customer with a quote before starting the repair of the golf cart.
Golf Cart Service
A golf cart should be serviced one a year, regardless of whether it is gas powered or electric. This is done to maintain a standard of safety and to keep all parts functioning properly. Below is a list of tasks and points of inspection we complete in servicing your used golf cart:
Gas & Electric Service
- Pull wheels off cart to check bearings, check air pressure in tires, and repair any flats as needed.
- Rear brakes must be checked, as well as all brake cables. Any necessary adjustments must be made to brakes.
- Parking brake must be checked and adjusted if needed.
- Front-end alignment must be checked and aligned if needed.
- We check all spring bushings and a-arm bushings. Tie-rod ends are checked as well.
- The oil and rear differential must be checked.
Gas Carts Only
- Engine service must be completed, including oil, fuel, and air filter inspection.
- Inspect dry belt and starter generator belt.
- Check for full throttle.
- Check both primary and secondary clutch for full belt engagement.
- Check starter generator brushes.
- Check generator output.
Electric Carts Only
- All battery support rails inspected, and repair/replace if needed.
- Battery cables and battery connections to be cleaned and inspected.
- Battery tie-downs inspected; repair/replace if needed.
- Charger checked if functional.